1. I wrote a little something about the state of the dealership, transition with our new owner, etc. which you can't see yet because it's not quite ready. Also, I want Phil Smart, Sr. to read it before anyone else since he's the head honcho around these parts. It's just a one page deal to share our thoughts with anyone who cares to read it. It's a good read since there are lots of positive things to say about the transition and our future. You'll see it soon.
2. One tidbit I can share ahead of time is that we will be opening the doors to our brand-new-shiny-awesome dealership in approximately 500 days. As in, we will be starting soon and it's going to be really exciting. We have the blueprints here at the dealership for anyone to check out. I plan on claiming a cool office. Phil Smart, Sr. has already claimed his, front and center.
3. One other tidbit I can share is that the new owner also owns Land Rover and Jaguar dealerships, which means it's now OK to acknowledge that Land Rover and Jaguar are super cool as long as you also acknowledge that Mercedes-Benz is still the coolest. Case in point, the CLK Black Series is the coolest car ever. Healthy competition with our new friends, I'm all for it.
4. It's cookie season, plain and simple. Snow, ice, rain, and overcast skies mean it's time to go out and bake some cookies. I've made cookies twice this week, and they were awesome. Yes, you can share them with your family and co-workers and with us. Here's a link to my favorite recipe, by cookie king David Lebovitz.
5. It's been an OK January so far, not great, but OK, and we're thankful for those of you who have chosen to trust us with your business. We have some exceptionally nice pre-owned cars right now. In no particular order, here are some samples. Show your friends, show your family, show your co-workers.
2004 C230 Sport
2008 Bentley Arnage T Mulliner
6. Here's a link to a really great book I'm reading right now. I can't recommend it enough. You can buy it anywhere, but the company who's website I'm sending you to is really cool and they buy lunch for their little family of employees every day. Good stuff. http://www.rivbike.com/product-p/bo11.htm
7. Last thing for now. I might be crazy, but 2012 feels more like a fresh start than any year has in quite awhile. Don't know why, don't really want to know why, but there's something in the air. Seems like possibilities are out there, maybe because the world's been so nervous the last few years and people are starting to say "alright, that's enough of that, let's get on with it". Whatever it is, I think there are some good things in store for all of us.
Thanks for reading, more to come.